How I Lost Weight with Weekly Spiritual Fasting

There's some controversy about fasting as a way to lose weight. Going without eating for long stretches can be dangerous. But regular, spiritual bread and water fasting can be beneficial health-wise and for losing weight. Here's how I lost found that out.

* Emotional benefits of spiritual fasting: 18 years ago I joined the Catholic Church. I attended a retreat devoted to Mary the Mother of God. In her apparition (appearance) at Medjugorje, Mary called the faithful to fast twice weekly, eating nothing but bread and water on Wednesdays and Fridays. I followed that fast. Getting my mind off food helped me focus on spiritual exercises and combat negative behaviors.  How I Lost Weight with Weekly Spiritual Fasting 

Followers

Catholic Relief Services

Catholic Relief Services
Ways to promote social justice in the world church

Total Pageviews