Relationship Reflections from 25 Years of Marriage

My husband and I are celebrating 25 years of (mostly) wedded bliss. On July 18, 1987, I was going on 24 and he was going on 25. We were ignorant, idealistic and ridiculously romantic. A quarter of a century, we still are and I think that might be what's kept us together.

We've each only been married once, to each other, which makes us (some have told me) a rare breed. (I might say "more like a piece of work). We've been asked (I blush every time) for the secret of our success. I always quip "we fight all the time!" That's only partly jest. With four kids, money struggles, crazy schedules, work-a-holic tendencies, job woes, health setbacks, two lost babies, a old crumbling house, old cars (which we share) and a DIY-of-necessity lifestyle, I guess it's to be expected. And relationships get gritty in and of themselves without any help from outside stresses. I'm not saying it's right to fight, but at least we don't bottle things up and let them toxify. For more information, read on  Relationship Reflections from 25 Years of (Pretty Much) Wedded Bliss

Followers

Catholic Relief Services

Catholic Relief Services
Ways to promote social justice in the world church

Total Pageviews